ACA information reporting, 1095-C, 1094-C, etc.
As part of the ACA (Affordable Care Act) implementation, employers, especially large organizations, are required to file certain information returns for tax year 2015. Forms 1095-C, 1095-B and the corresponding 1094-C, 1094-B, etc. need to be issued to employees and filed with the IRS accordingly.
Similar to year-end W2 or 1099s, the 1095 forms are due to the employees by the end of January (1/31) and due to the IRS by the end of February (2/28 or 3/31 if eFiled). Because it is new so there are common questions and confusions about the requirements and the correct process to report. The detailed IRS codes section 4980H, 6055, 6056, regulations, requirements and options for ACA information reporting seem complicated, but the actual process can be very simple for your organization.
- >50 full-time employees, the employer is an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) and is required to issue 1095-C to employees and file the 1095-Cs and a 1094-C to the IRS. The discussion of full-time equivalent, alternative reporting methods and other options may be interesting, though the easiest path may be just to file 1095-C/1094-C.
- Information required on form 1095-C includes:
- Basic employee name, address, SSN, etc.
- Code series 1 – Company insurance offer description (1A, 1B, 1C….).
- Employee’s share of premium (not including dependents, etc.).
- Code Series 2 – Basically explain or match series 1 code (2A, 2B, 2C….).
- If self-insured, enter all insured dependent information (Part III).
The key is that whether the organization has 50 employees or more. If you need to file, the required information is probably in HR rather than in payroll department.
If you can provide us the 1095 data in an Excel worksheet, we can process, create 1095-C PDF copies, eFile and provide a confirmation after the data is received by the IRS. You can print the 1095-C on plain paper for distribution. We also offer optional print & mail services.
|Number of 1095 form||cost/form|
* $3 per form for the optional print & mail service
If you are interested in our service, please contact us at 408-935-8969 or send an email to support@eSmartPayroll.com.
Website: 1099/1095 Manager