California Form DE 34 (New Employee)
Filing California Form DE 34
Click to Download California eSmart Form DE 34
To file CA Form DE 34, do the following:
- Download California Form DE 34 from eSmart Payroll.
- Calculate, print, and mail in the downloaded California Form DE 34.
California Form DE 34 Information
California Form DE 34 is used to report a new employee(s).
Federal law requires all employers to report to EDD within 20 days of start of work all employees who are newly hired or rehired. This information is used to assist state and county agencies in locating parents who are delinquent in their child support obligations.
An individual is considered a new hire on the first day in which he/she performs services for wages. An individual is considered a rehire if the employer/employee relationship has ended and the returning individual is required to submit a W-4 form to the employer.
What must be reported on this form:
- California Employer Account Number
- Branch Code - Complete only if employer was assigned a Branch Code number
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- Business name and address
- First name, middle initial, and last name
- Social Security number
- Home address
- Start of work date (hire date)
California Form DE 34 must be filed within 20 days of the start of work for all employees who are newly hired or rehired
|CA Form DE9C Webdirect||CA Form DE9C Upload||CA Form DE9|
|CA Form DE 88 Calculator||Form 8109 Calculator||Payroll Tax Calculator|
|Payroll Tax Forms: E-File||Payroll Tax Forms: Download|