Online Preparation, E-file and Printing of Payroll Reports
What is Online E-file?
Traditionally, payroll tax information is sent to the IRS by either paper or magnetic media (tape, disks). With the advancement of the Internet, businesses and tax professionals can now communicate and exchange data with the government through the Internet. It is accurate, fast, and an acknowledgement from the IRS is provided upon receipt of the information. Online efile refers to the user preparing their returns completely through the website by using our easy to understand interface. After submission of your efile you will be able to print out copies for distribution to your employees and copies for yourself. All company and employee information is stored on the website and saves you from rekeying information for individuals from year to year or from quarter to quarter.
How Does E-file Work?
Since you will do everything at our website, you need to setup your account and enter some basic information before you can use the e-file applications. For the first-time user, the following tasks are required.
- Register an Account - Your e-mail address is used as your username. We will use this email address to inform you of the status of your return.
- Setup Company(s) - You can manage multiple companies in your account. The company information you entered can be used for all future e-file applications (941, 940, W2, etc.).
- Enter Employee/Payee information - If you plan to use the W2, 1099-misc or other applications where employee or payee information is required, you can enter them first. Once entered, they can be used for all future applications. You do not need to use all of the employees or payees for an e-File application. You can choose the employees/Payees for any specific e-file application.
- Select an e-File application - After you have established Company and Employee/Payee (if required) information, you then choose an e-File application (941, 940, W2, etc.) and start to prepare the forms for e-file.
- After you are done, you will submit by going through a checkout process. The total charge will be clearly shown in the "Shopping Cart" before you enter any payment information.
- Payments for the e-file can be made by credit card, check, or echeck. Please note that an e-file paid by check will not be processed until your check has been received.
- You will then be able to check the e-file Status online in your account. When you need to prepare another e-file, you will be able to select a company, an application and start to prepare a return right away.
Information on Available Federal Payroll Tax Forms for E-File
|Annual Reports||Quarterly Reports|
Information on Available California Payroll Tax Forms for E-File